M2 Office, Emily Sheehy

Happy Wednesday!

So today my class and I got to meet Emily Sheehy, Emily is a marketing manager at M2 office. M2 office is based in Unit A2, Corcanree Business park, Dock Road, Limerick.
M2 is an office supplies company in Ireland. M2 office supplies delivery service nationwide.
Emily spoke about the two offices like I have mentioned before one is in Limerick and the second is in Dublin. M2 worked with the digital designed company, on their website they have an "E" book for the client to have a look. Emily mentioned that they work with multiple architects, interior designers on different types of projects. She also spoke of the offers they are doing such as office furniture, space planning, making a plan, scale drawings. Design packaging, flooring, ceiling, partitions, concept go with the theme.
She also worked with Nina Bladou, I wrote about her in the previous blogs, Emily did some drawings and sketches for Nina.
Emily told us how important space planning is, that the planning changes the feeling of the place. That once M2 team and the client are happy with the furniture is picked they can start discussing the color. She also spoke of the life span for the offices, that chairs could be for 5-6 years, that the offices for the government would be for about a 10-year life span. also showed us some presentation boards she did for the clients, spoke about the design trends that are popular in the offices. We learned about important of the colors, the feel, the acoustics in the offices.
Emily showed us a presentation she did on building a company in Dublin for the Duggan brothers. Emily spoke about how the client wanted their brand colors in the concept. She showed us the plan, and the proposed ideas she had for him.
Like Nina Emily spoke how important communication is between her clients and the suppliers. How important it is to understand what the client wants.
Meeting Emily was so helpful, she is very professional, knows what she is talking about, very approachable and it is so cool that there is such a cool business in Limerick, I wish them best of luck. I love these site visits, it gives me more understanding of the business and how it works. For W2W competition I am designing a height-adjustable table and today I got to see it up close as I never really have before, I got to adjust the height myself, I got to see the bolts that join the legs and the table together, I can't describe how helpful this site visit was for me. 

I will bellow attach some pictures of the M2 office I took, thank you so much for reading my blog, I will keep you all updated.







Comments