Dementia

Hello everyone!

I came across this website https://www.uksmobility.co.uk/ that I found some really good information about Dementia that I would recommend you all to have a look. Back in December, I found some interesting articles on how gardening and outdoor activities are good not just for physical but also mental health.
I learned that gardening is one of the best activities for seniors. By getting outside and doing some activities one may get vitamin D from the sun, which makes our bones stronger, it also helps mobility + flexibility and it would reduce the risk of falls. It will also encourage the use of all motor skills, ideal for the elderly. As well as that it increases heart rate and decreases changes in heart disease and diabetes.

Telegraph.co.uk says "Gardening can also help dementia patients, with one trial showing that 6 months of gardening resulted in a slow-down of cognitive decline over the next 18 months"  

As well as that Gardening has Social benefits: it brings people together, increases community spirit, improves social interaction, enhances overall well-being, gives reason to get outdoors.

I just wanted to share this link with you all, as I said there are a lot of information that might help you.

Thank you for reading my blog. We just got told that on Monday the 3rd of February will be going on a Field trip in Newmarket, I will keep you all updated and have a good weekend!
Egle



Comments