Fab Lab Limerick

Hello Tuesday!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Unfortunately, I didn't, because I not even that I had to go to work I also have a head cold. 😞
Yesterday my class and I got to visit Fab Lab in Limerick on Rutland Street.
A couple of weeks ago we got a brief in Design Studio 3 ( as I mentioned in previous posts) that we have to do a detailed project on our design for W2W competition.

We had to pull details from the project on CAD and do a presentation board, and the result of this project is that we will visit Fab Lab and they will be able to cut our designs using CNC machine. CNC means Computer Numerical Control, this means that a computer converts the design produced by CAD into numbers.
We got a brief where on CAD we had to use only 3 layers, magenta for the bits that had to be cut out using CNC machine, black was for the text and red layer is for anything that we wanted to be engraved. 

Fab Lab started in 2012 as an elective course at the School of Architecture, UL in which open-source 3D printers, CNC routers, and laser cutters were built.

Using CNC I got to cut my d2p desk, I will upload some images I took bellow. I was going to write a blog yesterday, but I felt really sick.









I have also been really busy doing some research on Age-Friendly Articles. I will write another post about it tomorrow. 
Thank you all so much for reading my blog, like I said I will write another blog, of the information I gathered last couple of days. 

Goodnight you all, Egle 


Comments