Research on Construction Detail

Hello everyone!


Last week we got a new brief, it's on the project for the Circular Economy, it is an extended brief on construction details. 
For this task, I am required to choose my design and need to work it up in larger detail. I feel as though I need to rethink some of the materials I chose for d2p desk, I will also go into more detail how it will be constructed too. 

At first, I wasn't sure how to approach this project, as I did a lot of detailing already for d2p construction board, I then went back and look at the board and decided to change some things, as I thought it would help to improve the design better.
I will provide you all with some of the hand drawings I did. I, however, need to make a SketchUp model now and put in into AutoCAD so it can be to scale and accurate. 

I also found some interesting detailing images that helped me to understand it better, I did some research on detailing, we did detailing last year, but I feel as though they could have been improved and more clear. 
Here bellow is the construction board I did for W2W. 


I listed the bolts need to be used for the construction of the table, I also explained the height adjustable desk too. 

I will upload some of the detailing I found online to visualize it better. 


I will do another post on detailing I did and the new materials I chose for d2p desk. 

Comments