Final Year Project

Hello again!


So yesterday in Design studio 3, we got introduced the final year project. 

The place is in Limerick, Ennis Road Care Facility is a sister location of the Bench Lodge Care Facility, it opened in 2018. The facility can help up to 80 residents. 
We will be meeting the client in January 2020, that's when we get to know what the client really wants us to do. During this meeting, we will have access to the client to ask questions and further understand the expectations of their end-user, their families, and ultimately what they wish to achieve through this process. 



Until then I will do in dept research and try to understand as much as I can about this specific field. 
We will be provided with resources including web links and key documents to prepare for this meeting. 
This project is worth 35% of the overall grade in Design Module 3. 
To prepare better I also thought doing primary research by interviewing 4th-year students that are doing Social care in LIT, I am also planning to interview a person that works in the field to understand better what challenges they have and if there is anything that they would recommend and suggest for me to help with this project. 

I really want to do good and even tho the project is not due until March and we don't have to start doing the research for another couple of weeks I want to start early and get on the top of this project. 


Thank you for reading my blog, I will upload some articles and information I found related to senior homes. 

Thank you all again and I will keep you updated on my next step! I am going to google some questions I can ask the students and workers that work with elderly people. 


Comments