Understanding the importance of a good design

Hello Friday! 

I hope you all are having a fabulous Friday afternoon!

Today I will be sharing my research I did on the materials and different tables I did since the talk we had with Ger Reidy, as I've mentioned before he suggested few good ideas that I think really work. He suggested me to go back and look into different height-adjustable tables and try to understand its purpose, he also thought me to make sure that the furniture I am currently designing has its purpose, one thing for the piece of furniture to look nice, another is for it to be working and be stable.

I went back and did more research on gaming-working tables. I was trying to come up with a solution to how would it work, where would the person work put his/her stuff while using the gaming table? Or how comfortable would it be to use it?  The main idea behind the working-ping pong working table is for the person to be able to height adjust the table. So obviously when working, but I also thought that it would be great for a person to be able to height adjust the ping-pong table, because everyone is a different height and that it would help their posture more.
I can proudly say that I think I solved the problem! ( I hope? 😁😁)
I will be designing a foldable table, that opens like a book. I went back to my concept, I was trying to understand the angles, and the lines and I could see like an "I" and an "L" shapes and it finally made sense to me. I am currently working on the materials and the process of how will it all fit in the Circular Economy.

I also watched a video I will upload the link bellow of Simon Dennehy, Perch & Frank O'Connor, Eco Designer talking about the W2W competition to what to look out and their suggestions, they also talked about previous years winners and why is it so important for the furniture that we are designed to fit into Circular Economy.
They spoke of the importance of the research on what we design, to make sure that the furniture we design is usable, the interactions between people with new ideas, the new aspects to the furniture, looking at people, how they interact as people, how do we approach to Circular Economy in few years from now? How does it work?
This has helped me so much to understand better to what exactly do they expect from us as designers. I feel really motivated and I hope I am going to win this competition!
Here is the link to the video if any of ye want to watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qem9vcPIyuA&feature=youtu.be

Thank you all so much for reading my blog, have a good weekend, and I will keep you all updated on my next step!  ( Still working on the materials 😉)
Egle


Comments