Nina Blodau

Hello Monday!

I hope you all having the best Monday ever! As I've mentioned before Monday is my favorite day because I go back into my routine and can do college work too.

So today we went to Adare and got to meet Nina Blodau, Nina is an Interior designer, we got to sit down with her and ask a few questions of the past projects she has been involved. Nina was very helpful, she explained to me the importance of the brief when you get a project and how important communication and the listening is between the designer and the client.

Nina based in the west of Ireland, she does work around Limerick, Clare, and Kerry. Nina would mainly do domestic and some commercial work. Nina recently designed an office place in Adare that use to be a doctor's surgery.
The company is developing green technology. Nina spoke of some changes that had to be done because the office is a rental space. She also told us that the owner of the business wanted to make sure that their employees like working in the office, that it feels fresh and natural. Nina also mentioned that the materials had to be sustainable and how important the lighting and the colors are in the place, how they set the mood.
The office is an open plan, they knocked down a partition wall that was there previously and made into an open area. It now has a meeting room, phone boot, a kitchen, and the toilet. Because the toilet is unisex Nina had to take into consideration that both sexes will be using it, and how important the sound insulation, in this case, is because its such a small area.
Nina also introduced plants in the office that people that work there will have to mind it, she picked a low maintenance plants.
The designer made it clear that the client wanted a place that would have good energy at work, would be fresh and comfortable.

Nina outlined how important is to do good research. She also mentioned that as an Interior Designer you wouldn't always know everything and that it is important to find someone who is a pro at their field, for example, she spoke of a man she met from Cork that designs cork insolations.

We also got to visit the office, words can't describe how modern, fresh and beautiful the office is. I will upload some pictures down below, I loved the place I also got to meet the owner, she was lovely and very welcoming and I wish them the best of luck in the future.
I would also like to say how lovely Nina Blodau is, she helped me so much today, I think its a great opportunity to meet a real-life interior designer, to ask questions and see their point of view. I hope I get to work with her in the future someday, Nina is very professional and down to earth.

Thank you all so much for reading my blog, in my next post I will write about some research I did on materials to W2W competition project.
I now add some pictures for you all. Thank you again and we will talk soon 😊😊😊
Egle

These two pictures are of the Meeting Room





These pictures are of an office space 



I even got a close picture of the height adjustable table 

 Kitchen



Comments