Looking back

Hello Tuesday! 

Happy first of October! Time is flying when you are having fun I would say 😄

In today's post, I will go over what I did so far for this competition/project. I think its a great idea because it lets me think if I need to do more research or if I need to improve on the design I did. So as ye all aware I am looking to design an office table to help our health and posture.
Last few days I did more research on posture and why changing between sitting and standing is so important. I've learned that even if you can get a chair that is very comfortable and suitable for whatever work one might be doing, it is still very important to regularly stretch and move around for our health.

That is the main reason behind the design I am creating, for someone who spends a lot of time sitting at the desk I would say that it is very uncomfortable, anyone that knows me they would say that I do try to move and stretch a lot when sitting in one position, the main reason is to help the blood circulation and my health.

Today I looked back at the problem I wrote down last week. I tried to go back and do more research and understand better to whom I am designing the table and the table purpose.
How new product work areas look, feel and respond to our emotional and physical requirements? Hoes does material and process affect the long term possibilities for future use?

I feel like it is really important to always go back and look at the main problem. For me Circular Economy si thinking approach during the design process. To produce new designs, which improve natural human interactions in the workspace. I keep asking myself who will use the height-adjustable table and why is it so important that it's designed for everyone.
I find it very helpful to look back at the "problems" because I keep coming up with better solutions and improving on the solutions that I would have had before.

Today I will discuss the materials I have chosen for this project.
Recycled plastic made from HDPE, benefits quick and easy install, very durable. Low-cost maintenance. It doesn't absorb moisture and doesn't require and expensive time-consuming replacement. HDPE is used in the production of plastic bottles, corrosion, plastic lumber.
Recycled wood. Recycled teak wood. Crafted from solid wood and teak wood for outdoor which has been qualified as the best resource of wood with durability. (Source posteakfurniture.com)
Recycled metal. Stainless steel. The metal is recycled and melted down these valuable alloys are able to be extracted and reused with no degradation in performance from product to product. (Source eco-friendly stainless sleel.com)

Thank you so much for reading my Blog! I will keep you all updated on my next step !!
Egle

Comments