A New Day !

Happy Monday!


Hello everyone, I hope you all having the best Monday ever!
Like you all know for W2W competition I am designing a  height-adjustable table that can turn into a ping-pong table + storage, I was thinking to call it E3 or 3E Hot Desk,  ( I am still in the design process )
I made a mood board, a concept board and the inspirational boar for this project. Like I have mentioned before I am still in the design process, even this morning I slightly changed the idea. I also took some pictures of the 3D Model I did in class, my concept is the spine, so when it came to the 3D Model I took pictures from the birds-eye view to look down at the straight lines, I will upload some pictures of it down below. 


3D Model



Inspiration Board


Concept Board



Mood Board



I think they look really cool, I tried to get the close-up picture of the materials and the lines showing my understanding of the lines, as the concept of this project is "The Spine". A couple of weeks ago we had to come up with a problem? The problem I came up with was "What is causing bad posture?" I have a blog about it if you would like to read more about it. I have learned that standing just for a few minutes a day can benefit your health. The main reason why I am designing a height-adjustable table is for people to be able to move and stretch. Playing ping-pong will give someone an opportunity to do that little work out they might be needed. To give a break from work, from the office routine. 

So I was doing some doodles, quick sketches over the weekend, after doing some research I realize that the divider between the table has to be very thin for people to be able to play the ping-pong. I will keep the storage under the table now instead and have the panel dividing the two tables would have to be very thin in order for the table "net" and divider to work. I was also thinking that one person would be able to play ping-pong too against that divider wall. It would be made from wood, or soft material to absorb the sound too. I need to do more research on the ping-pong tables and the minimum requirements, I had some done, but I just need to do a bit more. 

 I also did more online research on the materials I will be using. As I've mentioned before I was thinking of using the pinewood and steel. I attached the link down below of 5 of the world's most friendly eco-building materials that I found when I was doing the research on the materials.  https://www.smartcitiesdive.com/news/most-eco-friendly-building-materials-world-bamboo-cork-sheep-wool-reclaimed-metal-wood/526982/ I found this website http://landmarkarchitectural.ie/ Land Mark Architecture Salvage and Granite is a company in Ireland specializing in the supply of top quality products from old and new buildings all over the world, they use granite products, limestone, railway sleepers, recycled bricks, fountains, roofing materials and different types of timber. For this project, I was thinking of using Pine, mainly because it is, of course, a sustainable material, but most of the ping-pong tables are made from pine wood.

I was also thinking to use steel that is been recycled to make the legs of the table, Sue my lecturer email me this link https://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/ they take any kind of material and resell it. It is like a big second-hand shop that you can buy anything in there. I was thinking of using Steel Tubing, they can come from the highway, various buildings from mezzanines. It can be made into anything no matter their original purpose.  I thought these two materials will fit perfectly into the Circular Economy. They are both sustainable, will last a very long time, and can be taken apart easily. I will upload the quick material board I made just to show what they look like. Thank you all so much for reading my Blog, happy Monday! 

Comments