S.W.O.T Analysis of Circular Economy

Happy Friday! 

I hope you all having a great Friday!

To understand the Circular Economy more I did S.WO.T Analysis.
You might ask what is S.WO.T. Analysis? S.W.O.T. Analysis is a technique used to understand Strenght, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
Here is my understanding of the Circular Economy on S.W.O.T. Analysis.
Strengths:
Boosting economic growth, less pollution, reducing pressure on the environment and improving the security of the supply of raw materials.
Weaknesses:
Not fully recyclable materials demand more human labor (Republishing or recycling).
Opportunities:
Lower cost, innovation for new products, new product ideas, increased customer awareness, reduced pollution, a better reputation for business.
Treats:
Lack of involvement from some parties, initial slow down of production, higher initial costs, customer complaints, increased working hours for staff could lower morale.

This exercise has helped me even more to understand the Circular Economy. I've also learned that Circular Economy is good for the planet.
I personally think everyone should be trying to help global warming, it might won't affect us, but it will affect our children and grandchildren.
You might ask what is causing Global Warming? It's the greenhouse gases that are increasing in the atmosphere produced by human activities like burning fossil fuels. Greenhouse gases trap heat in the Earth's atmosphere to keep the planet warm enough to sustain life.

That is why it is so important to try to reduce all the harm we humans did to Mother Earth thought all these years. Us as interiors designers to use sustainable materials, use recycled materials, to innovate solutions that meet high standards for sustainability and profitability.

Originally I am from Lithuania, this summer I went to visit my family, I haven't been there in a couple of years.
In 2016 Lithuania implemented a "deposit return system" to give consumers an inactive to return used beverage containers for recycling. A customer would pay a deposit of €.10  when purchasing a drink container to be refunded when the empty container is returned for recycling. Tomra supported Lithuania with this recycling system. Tomra (Norwegian multinational corporation active in the field of instrumentation for recycling solutions) 
I thought it was such a great idea. Lithuanian streets seem so much cleaner and tidier. I think it is very important to know and understand what is happening around us. I looked at how Ireland is helping to live cleaner. I've learned that back in 2002 Ireland became the first country to impose a plastic bag levy. The reason behind this was to encourage the use of reusable bags and to help change attitudes to litter and pollution.

Revenue generated from Plastic Bag Environmental Levy goes to into the Environmental Fund.
(source: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/waste_management_and_recycling/plastic_bag_environmental_levy.html)

I always try to never buy plastic bags in the shop when do food shipping, for example, go to markets and buy local, try not to waste energy and always recycle. I moved out to the countryside a couple of weeks ago, I am planning to build my own greenhouse to grow vegetable and fruit. Also to start composting at home. I hope you my dear readers do the same, it is very important for us to help our Mother Earth.
I hope you all enjoyed today's post!
Thank you all so much for reading, and enjoy the weekend! In my next post, I'll be writing on what I found out about adjustable furniture. 😉 I will keep you updated!

Yours always, Egle. 








Comments