CIRCULAR ECONOMY

Hello everyone, 

I've been working on my first college project this year on Circular Economy.
This project is for the Design Studio 3 Module and is  based on the annual Walls to Workstations Design Competition.  In this project I have to design an office furniture that is central to the principles of the Circular Economy.
I've done some research to understand more about what Circular Economy really means.

I will try explaining in my own words what Circular Economy is:
Imagine you own a company that sells chairs.. You want your chairs to be able to be made with the least amount of waste possible so that everything can be reused and recycled again while not causing any damage to the environment. You'll  be over repairs on chairs or refurbishment so they don't get dumped. It's basically insuring that everyone who is involved in the chair doesn't make the world a worse place. You're manufacturer doesn't pollute, you help by fixing broken chairs and customers help by not dumping the chair its called a "Closed system" so you all use less resources in the world for example wood and if the plant uses solar power then they burn less oil to procure goods.

I attached a picture bellow to understand it better.

Image result for what is circular economy

Thank you for reading my Blog, 
Egle

Comments